The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Legal aid story, update

OK, an updated version of the AP story has such an egregious error that I couldn't let it slide: "Across the country, the neighborhood offices of the Legal Services Corp. - where one out of every two poor Americans is turned down for help because the agency lacks resources - are a far cry from the federal program’s headquarters." Maybe they know something I don't, but I find it hard to believe that fifty percent of Americans below the poverty line have even encountered Legal Aid, let alone been turned away. Surely the AP could afford some copyeditors--c'mon, help a starving liberal arts major (like I once was)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home