The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Thursday, January 18, 2007

"'Cause I can kill a man with the jab of my pen"

Well, for anyone who's heard me complain about it for the last few months, the long saga of The Country Lawyer's missing TV is drawing to a close. The short version went like this: I bought a nice new LCD HDTV at Best Buy in Anchorage after the bar, and had it shipped out here--Alaska Airlines Cargo was the only option they gave me. Surprise surprise, the TV got up and walked out of the cargo terminal in Bethel before I could pick it up. Both companies denied responsibility.

I wrote nasty letters to both companies, and managed to get a pretty decent resolution to the whole fiasco a few months later. Woohoo! I love stickin' it to the Man!

It's been in the 20s the past few days, and I've started marathon training in earnest. Cleveland here I come! I love that sore feeling after a good run--if that makes me weird, well it's just one of many things that do that.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home