The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, March 05, 2007

Television (the band, not the medium)

After hearing for nearly 2 decades what an amazing album Television's Marquee Moon is, I finally picked it up and listened to it. It's amazing! As faithful readers know, I seem to have my finger on the pulse of what was popular in decades past. Anyway, the title track is especially good, and I can hear the beginnings of the sound that countless new-wave era bands would develop.

This is great--like discovering a new author and then looking forward to reading their whole catalogue. Except Television has put out, what, 3 albums in the past 30 years? Maybe I should treat this as a standalone masterpiece, like A Confederacy of Dunces, unless you, dear readers, have different advice.

I ran 16 miles yesterday, and I'm less sore than I thought I would be. Ha--maybe I need to train harder.

"The Bush team begins new diplomatic initiative with Russia"--good luck with that. Should give Condi a chance to brush up on her Russian, anyhow.

Confidential to Panda: those pumpkin biscotti really hit the spot with my morning coffee!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home