The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, August 21, 2006

Spit take, a.k.a. "He Did What?"

Just a reminder that the confession of JonBenet Ramsey's purported killer is not the only "legal" story in the news (a few seconds ago, CNN showed mugshots of John Mark Karr, O.J. Simpson, and Robert Blake side by side--why do I even try watching cable news?).

Anyway, a few days ago our esteemed President signed a bill allowing any beneficiary of a deceased person's 401(k) plan to roll the entire amount into an IRA without owing windfall taxes. Income Tax was not my best subject, but that's Kind of a Big Deal. This will allow same-sex couples (or anyone else, really) to use a loophole that was previously available only to spouses. I think that's awesome. I wonder what Bush's evangelical base will think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home