The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Holy Crap

The Simpsons did an Army recruiting episode, just like last week's Family Guy. The real "holy crap" moment, however, came when the recruiting video used the score from Alexander Nevsky, written by Sergei Prokofiev for Sergei Eisenstein's classic film. I consider it the best film score ever written, although the original was recorded on shoddy Soviet sound equipment. The show ain't what it used to be, but they've got some smart writers. The song immediately segued into something a lot like "Communications Breakdown" by Zeppelin. Weird. The Abu Ghraib joke with Cletus's Christmas card was pretty amusing too.

The Simpsons movie trailer? A little too slapsticky for my tastes. Of course I'm gonna see the thing, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home