The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Odds and Ends

I got sworn in at the courthouse yesterday. Woohoo! I just need to get my bar number, then I can sign my own court filings. I've started signing my correspondence "Attorney at Law." I'm the same person I was before I passed the bar, yet I feel so different.

Still no lasting snow. There are flowers outside that are still in bloom. When's winter coming? I'm sick of running in the mud.

Serving subpoenas can either be really uncomfortable, or no big deal, depending on the target.

For governor, should I vote for the moderate Democrat who wants to drill in ANWR, or the Green candidate who's basically invisible?

Baby's first deposition tomorrow. Hope my witness shows up!

Didn't even think about a clever Halloween costume, so I'm gonna go with "Marcel Marceau." Hope the store has some black and white makeup.

My lemon bars turned out weird--stoopid oven. So I think I'll make butterscotch brownies for the Halloween party.

U.S. weapons sent to Iraq are going missing by the thousands? Do tell. Perhaps they're being used to arm the security guards for the parade at which we are greeted as liberators. Or they are being used to teach Iraqis the value of the Second Amendment.

And now, back to the wall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home