The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, November 06, 2006

My head hurts.

Army recruiters are flat out lying to teenagers, telling them that the war in Iraq is over, and that soldiers are coming home, so new enlistees don't have to worry about being sent to Iraq. Reminds me of last night's "Family Guy," in which an Army recruiting video ended with the fine print "actual experience may vary." But that is a new low--duping high school students with information clearly contradicting what's in the newspaper and on the TV news (they run the truth, every now and again). Teenagers can be easily intimidated by people in positions of authority, so if someone in an Army uniform says it with great confidence, how many kids would speak up to contradict it? I hope the NLG Military Law Task Force and other counter-recruitment outfits are all over this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home