The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wasilla ahoy!

I'm sitting in the Anchorage airport waiting to get on my overbooked flight home after a weekend in Anchorage and the Valley. I had a blast in my 2 short days here--crossed paths with some people I hadn't seen for awhile, as well as the regular gang, which was awesome.

I also ran over a mattress on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway last night--I didn't see it until I was upon it, and it got tangled up in the wheel. There was a lovely smell of burning rubber, all from the mattress, fortunately. It took me a while to get it untangled. I can honestly say that has never happened to me before . . .

It would be hyperbole to say that federal prisons are soon to be swelling with former Alaska State Legislators, but wow.

Pervez Musharraf is very concerning, but he was also concerning six years ago when he became a U.S. ally in the endless war on terror: a military dictator whose regime gave key support to the Taliban before 9/11. So, perhaps what's remarkable is that his declaration of martial law and arresting opposition leaders and others who might question him comes as a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention. After all, I've just barely been paying attention. What we need is a president who will tell Gen. Musharraf that he can stop expecting our checks in the mail. If only.

All right--I'm tired and opinionated. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home