The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Did you pay attention in high school English?

From today's USA Today, a newspaper, that, if it were a breakfast cereal, would come with a lame toy and have an easy-to-solve maze on the back:

Thomas Stuckey, an FAA regional chief of inspectors, was given unspecified new duties four days after testimony before Congress focused on violations and other problems at Southwest Airlines, FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said.

Granted, I didn't hear it with my own ears, but I'm pretty sure a government spokesperson wouldn't mention a work reassignment and a pending investigation in the same paragraph. Just a hunch.

Here, I'll fix it for you:

Four days after testimony before Congress focused on violations and other problems at Southwest Airlines, Thomas Stuckey, an FAA regional chief of inspectors, was given unspecified new duties, FAA spokeswoman Laura Brown said.

Better?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home