The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Friday, November 17, 2006

Crowded Moscow Metro

This makes me nostalgic--I loved riding the Metro to school (and everywhere else in town) when I lived in Moscow. The stations are really aesthetically pleasing--you'll notice the chandelier-type things in the video. Can't recall/tell which station this is. My favorite was Mayakovskaya, with its metallic arches--it has kind of a timeless yet industrial-age look to it.



The video gets it right--Metro trains and stations are JAM PACKED during rush hour (and at other times). I even got my wallet taken on a crowded train once, only to have it returned by a courteous pickpocket who cleaned out all the rubles first.

UPDATE: It's the Prospekt Mira ("Avenue of Peace") station on the Ring Line. I knew it looked familiar. 11/21/06

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home