The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, August 20, 2007

Where have I been?

A fair question, to which I would answer "around the way." I've been in town, mostly, working and running (A LOT--the Portland Marathon is in 47 days, and I did my first 20-mile training run yesterday, yay me), plus planning a gaelic beverage and obscure film party. I did get into Anchorage to see Cake last weekend--they never fail to put on a good show. I was a little bummed that, after their encore, the piped music came on--the international signal for "get out," and then they came back for two more encores. And of course there was no reentry into the venue. Lame. But a good show nonetheless.

Can it be that I've been writing this blog for over a year? Egad. I should have thrown a party. That also means I've been back in the Bush for over a year. Crazy how time flies.

I haven't said much about the Alaska Republican scandals, but they pretty much speak for themselves if you search Google news for Ted Stevens, Don Young, or VECO (devilish laugh). It's still an uphill battle to unseat either Stevens or Young next year, but hope springs eternal, yes it does.

It's also sad to see Karl Rove leave the White House. So sad. Surely he'll be back to running dirty campaigns for a lot more money.

I don't quite understand this, or what it says about the Red Army during its first 50 years. Amusing nonetheless.

At the end of next week, I'll be a South-Going Zax, heading down to Seattle and Denver for about 10 days total. Ah, vacations. Ah, civilization.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home