The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Miscellanea

So, I ran the summer solstice half marathon on Saturday night. I was pretty happy with my time--faster than my time in the same race 2 years ago. Wish I'd run like that in Cleveland. Plus I got my picture in the paper. It was cold and rainy, but I had fun!

I also made both basil beef stir fry and baba ghanoush over the weekend, with decent results. No photographic proof this time, so you'll have to take my word for it. According to The Cook's Thesaurus, if your local supermarket doesn't have tahini, you can substitute 3 parts peanut butter and 1 part sesame oil. So I did. I gotta try the real thing next time.

Funny thing about Michael Bloomberg leaving the Republican party, but not surprising given his policies. Especially cracking down on gun crime, much to the chagrin of the NRA. He says he's not running for President, but if he did, I'm guessing he'd mostly take votes away from Republicans--the socially moderate, fiscally conservative votes.

I was a huge fan of KRS-One back in the early 90s, but didn't really hear much of his material after '93 or so. Anyway, I picked up his new album, and he's still got it--politically and socially conscious as ever. It's not as good as his classic material, but it's still quite good. That makes me feel good--considering the shelf life of a hip-hop artist is treacherously short, it's nice to see someone still around after 20-plus years. The best rhyme: "I've got 26 gold and platinum plaques/I'll take away your rights like the Patriot Act."

It's been a gooooood week at work. 'Nuff said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home