The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, June 11, 2007

Twenty-First Century Cities

As someone who tries to walk the line between city mouse and country mouse (with a hint of suburb mouse), I loved this feature in Forbes, on the urban landscape in our newish century. Some standouts included "Two Billion Slum Dwellers" (I had no idea that the number of urban residents in the world will surpass the number of rural residents for the first time this year), a piece on shrinking cities that could look vastly different by 2100 (including some I wouldn't have guessed, ever), and "Snitchtown"--a damning indictment of our surveillance culture. I never expected to see anything like this in Forbes. Shows how much I know. Check it out.

In other news, I LOVE my new glasses! Couldn't find a picture of them on the Internets, but they're made by these folks. But they don't look all trendy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home