The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Sunday, December 02, 2007

. . .

The Bethel temperature went up 50 degrees in ten days--it was -1 on November 20, and 49 on November 30. Unreal. It's just below freezing now. Hopefully the weather has made up its mind and we won't have a catastrophic warm winter. Also, I need it to be cold so I have an excuse for slacking off on the running, until it's time to train for the next race.

I had a great Thanksgiving weekend in Anchorage and Wasilla. Lions for Lambs was really good, I thought, all the bad reviews notwithstanding.

I made an awesome chicken-garlic stew last night, which yielded a lot of leftovers.

Alaska politics continue to be fun to watch if you aren't a Republican--it's raining indictments, and a sitting state Senator got caught on tape verbally roughing up the wife of a prosecution witness. I still think the Dems have a rough road ahead--we have a popular Republican governor who has managed to distance herself from these other knuckleheads, and guys like Don Young who have clawed their way back from tough spots before. Nevertheless, I remain cautiously optimistic--all of these corruption cases have to have some effect at the ballot box, don't they?

Not much else to report--looking forward to a long vacation in Chicago/Evanston for Christmas and New Year's, then into 2008, but I'm sure I will have more to say before then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home