The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, December 17, 2007

Thank you, Stanford . . .

. . . for sending me notice of my 10-year reunion with a detachable postcard displaying my name, year of graduation, home phone, and personal e-mail address. Yes, on a postcard, to make life easier for spammers and identity thieves. Thanks also for writing at the bottom that I could stick it in an envelope if I preferred. I could, just not while I was still out checking my mail--I don't carry letter envelopes in my pocket. Seriously, why not just use one of those airmail-type envelopes that don't take much paper?

Perhaps this is a sneaky way to get more alumni donations, resulting in more competent mailings in the future.

OK, on closer examination it looks like I can fold this thing in thirds and tape it shut, protecting my vital statistics from prying eyes (it's about the size of a half sheet of letter paper, cut lengthwise). It's not designed that way, but that leaves their preprinted address unobscured. Maybe it was all a test, upon which the admission status of my progeny will depend.

I bet this never happens at Northwestern, does it Elizabeth?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home