The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Sunday, December 02, 2007

I like to get my learn on.

As usual, I'm a couple of years behind the curve--I just discovered dailylit.com, which sends books to your e-mail address in small chunks that take ~5 minutes to read. The public domain works are free, which is a steal at twice the price. They'll send you a new installment daily, or on weekdays, or on demand--it's pretty awesome. I'm working on Frankenstein right now, which I managed to avoid all these years (although there was a filmstrip version that gave me nightmares in grade school). Maybe I'll read some Shakespeare afterwards, or some Dickens, since those were meant to be serialized. It's nice to read all those works I should have already read without having to put down the other books I'm working on. Oh well, call me easily impressed.

P.S. While it's just good to see knowledge disseminated more effectively, bound books are still better than ebooks. So no, I don't want a Kindle. I can only assume that Amazon named it that because they predicted people would throw them on the fire, which is terrible for the environment, but I can understand the sentiment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home