The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Incidentally, this comes as a surprise to no one:

Bush administration officials from Vice President Dick Cheney on down signed off on using harsh interrogation techniques against suspected terrorists after asking the Justice Department to endorse their legality, The Associated Press has learned.
Link

I can't believe they're still equivocating, after this issue has been in the news for 6+ years. "Harsh interrogation techniques" are what any normal person would call "torture." Immoral, unethical, and, dare I say it, illegal.

On a lighter note, I just took the last of the chocolate mint cookies out of the oven . . . mmmmmmm.

I always loved Iron Man, the armored avenger who wore a tin suit to take on bad guys and hide from his own demons. And now he's fighting the evil that is open source software--bizarre.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home