The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, August 27, 2007

Three Days and Counting

Vacation is nearly here, with so so much to do beforehand . . .

The Cake B-Sides album is all right--apparently it's nothing new to those in the know (heck, I already had 3 of the 11 listed tracks, and 2 more were just live versions of well-known Cake songs. I find their cover of "War Pigs" getting stuck on repeat a lot--Cake + Black Sabbath = Good Times.

I predicted in my March 20 post that Alberto Gonzales would resign. Or that it was likely. Yay me. Not that it takes a crystal ball to figure out that he would fall on his sword for the U.S. Attorney firings and ensuing coverup. If ever there was a loyal Bush soldier. But he hasn't been disbarred for perjury or anything, so he can still get a law job. I hope he uses the torture memo as his writing sample for those job applications. Like he won't end up at a Heritage Foundation, Hoover Institution, cushy corporate gig, or K Street lobbying shop.

I dig the Hipster Olympics. Just like any number of bars in downtown Portland. Or the Pearl. Or Alberta Street. Or Sellwood. Or wherever the next cool neighborhood in Rose City is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home