The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Run Forrest Run

Hang on, I never really liked that movie. Let's try that again:

Run Devil Run

Much better.

So, I just finished the first 20-mile run of the season. The last few miles were rough, but the most important skill in running a marathon is being able to run the last six miles when you feel just awful. So today was good practice! The Pogues and The Clash provided the soundtrack--nothing like angry, politically-tinged Anglo-Irish punk rock to keep you motivated on the road for all those hours.

I picked up strawberry yogurt instead of plain at the store yesterday, but went ahead and made the tandoori chicken marinade anyway. We'll see how it turns out--hopefully it won't be a disaster. Maybe a little sweetness among all the onions, garlic, and spices will be a good thing? There were also no eggplants to be found in town, so I used zucchini to make the eggplant relish recipe from the Moosewood Cookbook, a recipe of which I'm quite fond. It turned out pretty good! I can hardly tell the difference.

Don Young seems to be getting deeper and deeper into it--hope he has a good pair of wellingtons. The Senate has asked the Justice Department to investigate one of his suspicious highway earmarks, and Jack Abramoff, the convict for whom he claims never to have done any favors, had over 120 contacts with him and his staff over a 25-month period. Maybe he just wanted to see Don's Hummel figurines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home