The Country Lawyer

"I may be a simple country hyper-chicken, but I know when we're finger-licked."

Monday, June 16, 2008

Culinary Crimes Against Nature, Count I

I really wanted to make vichyssoise this weekend. I have a recipe that I like very much, in fact. The problem: there were no leeks to be found in Bethel. Not a one. So what possessed me to try the recipe with cocktail onions? I don't know--I had a bit of the kitchen mad scientist in me. Anyway, the soup turned out more onion-y than vichyssoise, which I don't mind so much. What I do mind is that it's incredibly bitter. No good. Lesson learned--I shan't reoffend, at least not in the same manner.

I did find a recipe for "crispy pork bits," which I had to make based on the name alone. Those turned out good--very carnitas-like.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home